Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Chapter 13: Work, More Work, Promotion and Family Time

After hearing what had happen to Seagreen Rose. I was feeling sad for her. I didn't have much time since she was busy painting and trying her best to heal. I had to go to work. Nothing more than me filing paper work and checking reports on things. It was boring most days but it did keep me busy.
 Each room may look the same but at least work could get done in them. I sat down at a desk and started to work on more reports. The reports were getting higher and higher. I checked and recheck to make sure nothing was messing up. After working on the computer for a while, I decided that it was nice to talk to someone. I didn't bother to call my sister because she was still a little moody and unhappy with her ex boyfriend dying. 
Before I started to talk to anyone, I made a nice meal for everyone at work. It was hard work staying on the computer for hours and trying to get reports done. It wasn't always fun and easy but we somehow made it through the day.
After I called everyone to the meal, everyone went back to work again. I decided that I won't just rush back to the computer and instead find someone to talk too.
There was a guy I meet at work named Broderick Arteaga.  Broderick seem like a very nice guy to know. He listen to me ask him some question and he seem to not mind me asking questions at all. He told me that he had been working in business for a few years now and had kept himself very busy.
I found out that he wasn't married or even seeing anyone. When I asked him why, he mainly told me that he was very busy with work and didn't have much time for it.
I wondered in my head if he was ready to see me. I know it was odd to start having feelings for someone but yet I found myself liking him a lot.
I gave him a nice hug as I was slowly getting to know him better. I didn't want everyone at work to see me flirt with someone but even if they did, they were too busy with being on the computer to care.
After a little while getting to know him, I gave him a nice rose and told him that maybe we could hang out more. He seem to be happy with that idea and agreed that when we had time, we could hang out. After that I let him be for now and went back to finish up some reports. I did do a quick note to my sister to see if she was alright.
She wrote back to me saying that she was feeling a little better and couldn't wait for me to come home. She wanted to hang out with me and see how my day was. I normally just tell her that it was boring mainly because I was on the computer all day or getting something to eat but this time I was going to tell her about Broderick. I know my sister would have some issues with me liking someone other than my dead husband but these was the choice I made and I am not going back on it.
Before the end of work, I had a quick chat with Jade Rosa. She seem to be a very interesting lady. I decided to get to know her better. I heard she had run a very interesting club that I was thinking about joining but for now, I was holding off. I had to keep force on work and try my best to be  a good mother to my kids but sometimes it was hard.
After that, I was promoted from my job and I was pretty happy. I was getting better with my work days and told my sister when I saw her how my day went. She was happy and told me that she was really excited for me. She seem to be feeling better.
Rose was feeling a little better but when she started to feel bad, I told her that tea always made me feel a little better. She agreed to try and it slowly got out of her depressed she was in. The kids were busy working on homework and going to bed. It was a long day for them and they were doing very well in school but I wanted to make sure they stayed that way.
I decided to make a nice fruit salad for the family. It was only right as I was feeling pretty happy with how well I was doing in work.
After finishing up some leftovers that Rose had made, I went to bed feeling pretty tired but not until I got my lost little bit of reports in. I climbed into my bed and fell sleep. Another work day is coming and another long and boring day.
Before I could go to bed or work on anything, it seem one of my children was sad about how their day at school went. I felt bad about it and wanted to make them feel better but as soon as they were done, they went upstairs and went to bed.
Rose was still not feeling super happy and asked me some advice on getting better. She was almost done with feeling crappy about things and I told her that sometimes working out helps. She was surprise that I would say that but I told her that it was important to take care of your body. Even if sometimes you don't want too.
She seem to understand what I had said and went on doing a sit up to help her. It seem to make her feel a little better and she was no longer feeling blue. I was happy and kind of glad it was over. I love my sister but sometimes it was getting to be a little too much.
Rose sat down to watch some TV. It seem that she was feeling better that she watch a nice romantic show on. She was thinking about stuff and decided that sometime she would hang out with Mr. Cherry.
After watching romantic TV show and she than decided to work on some food for us. The food was getting low in the fridge and Rose was good about making sure it was full. Lately when she was feeling low, it was hard to have the fridge full.
I am happy that she is back and able to make some really yummy meals. She worked hard on making sure it turned out good.
She sat down and ate what she had made. It looked really good and I was always impressed by how her meals turn out. I wanted to do my best to cook like her but most of the time, I was busy with work and tired before I could make a meal for the kids.
Finally I was able to go upstairs and work on my reports, I didn't feel super tired now as I had some yummy tea that boost me enough to stay awake. I worked on the reports that took sometime to get done. They were a little hard but I was able to get them done. I finally decided to do some painting and than went to sleep.
Meanwhile before the kids went to bed, Holly decided that she would play chess with her brother, Charlie. Charlie was always happy that she was able to play chess with him. After they finished a game or two, they decided to be best friend forever. This warmed my heart because I always wanted them to stay close.
Rose came to me before everyone went to bed that she would be going out tonight. I asked her what she was planning on doing and she told me that she was seeing Mr. Cherry. I have only heard of Mr. Cherry a few times. He was an older man who seem to have his head on his shoulder. I didn't know too much about him but that he seem to care enough for my sister, Rose.
I told her before she left that I wanted her to have a good time but not to get her hopes too high. She understand but I think she was only half listening to me.
She told "goodnight" to Holly and Charlie, than she headed to the door. I watch her go and than went to sleep again. I slept hoping this time around Rose would feel better and nothing bad would happen to her again.